The Diachronic Museum of Larissa is located in the piney hill of Mezourlo, at the south outskirts of Larissa. It has been constructed in such a way that it is harmoniously integrated into the surroundings and despite its large size, it does not disrupt the aesthetics of the forest.
The museum consists of three main buildings with open spaces, gardens and fountains open to the public between them.
The buildings are spread out in two to four levels with a total area of 11,750 sq.m. At the first building, there is the reception with a ticket desk and a vestibule, an amphitheatre of a capacity of 100 seats, ample room for educational programmes, gift shop, café and WC.
The second building houses the offices of the Antiquities Ephorate of Larissa and its library, which operates independently of the Museum and has a separate entrance and different working hours.
In the third and largest building there are the halls for the permanent and the periodic exhibitions, occupying an area of 1500 sq.m. and 500 sq.m. respectively. In the same building there are also five contemporary conservation laboratories (paintings and murals, stone and marble, ceramics and glass, metal and finally mosaics), as well as the storage rooms for the antiquities.
Special provision has been taken so that people with disabilities can move around the whole building freely.
Finally, there is parking space for cars and buses in the surrounding area.